-A 365 project from Ericasue of Under The Old Oak Tree.

I love wool and spend large amounts of time knitting it, crocheting it, felting it, and wearing it. For the next year, each day, I'll be taking a photo of something wool.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

17/365 - Toadstool Vest And The "Pocket Gnome"

W and I enjoyed the afternoon sunshine outside today.  I let him run around a little without his heavy coat on (he has very warm woolies on under the shirt) to snap a few pictures.  Here he is using a giant stick to try to get gumballs off of the sweet gum tree in front of our apartment.  This has been a favorite game recently.  I made his vest over the summer by cutting a wet felted wool sweater into a vest, blanket stitching the edges with wool yarn and then needle felting toadstools on the back and on the pockets I stitched onto the front.  W loves his vest and decided he needed a "pocket gnome" to put in his pocket. You might remember this gnome from the stint he had on our nature table earlier this year. You can see the top of the gnome's hat at the bottom center of the picture.  To see a better view of the vest click here to see my post on Under The Old Oak Tree about making it.

No comments: