-A 365 project from Ericasue of Under The Old Oak Tree.

I love wool and spend large amounts of time knitting it, crocheting it, felting it, and wearing it. For the next year, each day, I'll be taking a photo of something wool.

Monday, January 23, 2012

21/365 - Where's My Phone?

I made this case for my cell phone (along with a little money/card pouch and sunglasses case) last winter.  It's been out of commission for a while but I think I am going to start using it again.  It was made from a felted sweater which I cut out and needle felted the design onto.  I then used a blanket stitch to sew it up and put on a button to fasten it.  I like keeping my phone in here.  It protects it from bumps and falls.  It also makes it a little less attractive to a certain little boy who is very drawn to this device.  This was actually the reason I made the case last year after talking about phones and toddlers with the teacher and parents in our class at our previous Waldorf school.  Lastly, I'm known for never knowing where my phone is (or having it charged---*blushes*).  Keeping it in this case at least helps me keep track of it a little better somehow even if it still isn't charged.

No comments: