-A 365 project from Ericasue of Under The Old Oak Tree.

I love wool and spend large amounts of time knitting it, crocheting it, felting it, and wearing it. For the next year, each day, I'll be taking a photo of something wool.

Friday, January 20, 2012

19/365 - Just A Sweater?

Perhaps not the most thrilling photo today.  (I'm exhausted and it has been a really hard day with my toddler so this is as good as it gets today folks).  Anyway, what do you see when you look at this picture?  An ugly orange sweater?  There was a time when that's what I would have seen.  But today, I look at this picture and I see inspiration and potential.  I'm not sure what this sweater will become, but at this point it's like a blank canvas for one or more projects I have swimming around in my brain.  Sometime this weekend, I'm going to felt it in the washing machine.  Once I see the final size I'll decide just what to do with it.  Could it become another toddler vest or jacket?  Yes, it could.  Or, it might become a sleeve for my laptop with a needle felted design on it, or part of it might be cut out to become a background for a needle felted wall hanging in my bathroom.  In any of these cases, left over parts are likely to become part of a felted wool quilt that I hope to start in the near future.  So, so many possibilities.  After my hard day, the creative juices are starting to flow again, and this sweater is providing oh so much inspiration!

No comments: